Laminated Safety and Security Glass
Şişecam Laminated Glass is Şişecam Flat Glass’s laminated safety and security glass.
– Minimizes the risk of injury in accidents caused by people hitting the glass.
– Provides security against external impacts. Prevents/delays entry in case of attacks and theft attempts with tools such as stones and sticks.
– Contributes to sound insulation.
– It prevents the passage of ultraviolet (UV) rays, which cause fading of the colors of goods and fabrics, by 97-99%.
– It is also used in insulating glass units, providing safety and security as well as thermal insulation.
– Low-E coated laminated glass provides effective heat control.
The application rules for safety glass are included in the “TSE 13433 Glass – Used in Buildings – Application Rules for Safety Related to Human Impact” standard. As stated in this standard, especially glass breakage is dangerous;
– In glazing up to 80 cm from the floor,
– Continuous glazing from floor to ceiling,
– Glass doors with joinery and glazing inside the side joinery of glass doors,
– Overhead glazing,
The use of Şişecam Laminated Glass for security is a suitable solution.
Areas of Use:
– Roof and ceiling glazing
– Interior partition windows
– Museum exhibition units
– Bank branches
– Hospitals (especially psychiatric clinics)
– High traffic crossings
– Police stations and military institutions